True children of God are, according to the Scriptures, forever saved and
eternally secure because:
- They are born again of incorruptible seed which yields the fruit of everlasting life (1
- They stand before God clothed in the imputed (credited) righteousness of Christ, and not
in their own (2 Corinthians 5:21; Romans 5:19-21).
- His sheep have been given eternal life—they shall never perish (John 10:28).
- Their eternal lives are forever hid with Christ in God (Colossians 3:1-3).
- They are already seated in the heavenlies in Christ (Ephesians 1:3; 2:6).
- The penalty for all their sin has been forever settled through the perfect and finished
work of the Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 4:23-5:2; 5:6-9).
- Loss of reward at the Judgment Seat of Christ is certain for the careless Christians,
but not loss of salvation (1 Corinthians 3:10-15).
- God faithfully chastens all of His children, even to the point of taking home those who
refuse their Heavenly Father's correction (Hebrews 12:6-11; 1 Corinthians 5:1-5;
- They have already been delivered from the wrath to come (1 Thessalonians 1:9,10;
- They are sealed by the Holy Spirit until the day of redemption (Ephesians 4:30; Romans
- The Lord knoweth them that are His; false professors will be revealed as such at the
White Throne Judgment (2 Timothy 2:19; Revelation 20:11-15; Matthew 7:21-23).
- God is the one Who has begun the good work in the believer, and He has promised to
perform it until the day of Jesus Christ; they are to "work out," not "work
for" their salvation (Philippians 1:6; 2:12,13).
- They are already living stones in the spiritual building of God of which Christ Himself
is the Chief Cornerstone (1 Peter 2:5; Ephesians 2:20-22).
- They are members of the Body of Christ, each with a peculiar function and without each
one, the Body would not be complete (1 Corinthians 12:12-27).
- They are kept by the power of God, through faith, not through the efforts or the works
of the one who is saved. (1 Peter 1 :5).
- Their incorruptible, everlasting inheritance is reserved for them by God (1 Peter 1
- They are God the Father's irrevocable gift to God the Son (John 17:6,7).
- Backsliding is a sin, but the blood of Jesus Christ, God's Son, cleanses us from all sin
(1 John 1 :7-9)
- He is able to save them to the uttermost because Christ "ever liveth to make
intercession for them" (Hebrews 7:25).
- They are upon trusting Christ made "accepted in the Beloved" (Ephesians 1:6).
- Nothing can separate them from the love of Christ (Romans 8:38-39).
- By one offering He hath perfected forever them that are sanctified (Hebrews 10:10-14).
- They cannot be unborn (John 3:6-8).
- Christ dwelleth in them for ever (2 John 2).
- No man can pluck the Christian out of His Father's hand, and that necessarily includes
the believer himself (John 10:29).
- All who are justified are finally glorified—none are lost along the way (Romans
- In their flesh dwelleth no good thing; they are saved by grace (undeserved favor) and
not by their own works (Ephesians 2:8,9).
- The gifts and calling of God are without repentance; God will never annul His promise or
cast out those who have come unto Him through Christ (Romans 11:29; John 6:37; 17:2).
Fundamental Evangelistic Association
2251 East Beechwood Avenue
Fresno, California 93720 U.S.A.
Telephone 559-298-4574 : Fax 559-298-4185